Printing Process / CMYK Color Mix
All products are printed in CMYK. If files are submitted in RGB, color shifting will take place. If a specific PMS color is needed, please let us know when you submit the order. We will do our best to meet that specified color
Preferred Files for Printing
The maximum file size we accept is 100 MB. Our preferred file types are:
- Adobe Illustrator EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- Adobe Illustrator AI (Adobe Illustrator)
- PDF (Adobe PDF)
When submitting these files, make sure you convert all fonts to outlines or curves to ensure they print correctly and the fonts are not substituted.
Additional Files Accepted
- JPG (High Resolution JPEG)
- TIFF (High Resolution TIFF)
- PNG (High Resolution PNF)
Thumnail sized jpg and gif files are not a high enough resolution to be used on large prints.
- No bleeds are necessary
- Set up size proportionate to the exact size product you are ordering
- Convert all text to outlines
- Allow for bleed if necessary
- Never flatten/merge layers in a PSD file
- Indicate the cut line clearly for all decal products
Vector art consists of lines and curves that are mathematically defined objects. When viewing art in key line mode you can see the points or vectors when connecting your lines and curves. They can also be seen when using the pen tool or editing the points along a path. Vector art is ideal for type and drawn shapes because they can be enlarged to any size while maintaining crisp outlines and details without sacrificing quality. The distance between the vectors is calculated mathematically and is not dependent upon resolution.
Raster images consist of colored squares, called pixels. They are created by combining a series of various colored pixels. Digital photographs are made up of pixels. If you view a raster image at 200% or more you are able to see the individual pixels that make up the image. Raster images are dependent upon resolution so image enlargement is limited by the individual size at which the file was created. If a file is produced at a size that is larger than its resolution will allow, the quality will decrease. Printing a low resolution file will result in pixelation. Individual pixels are large enough to be easily discernable. Increasing the resolution will not solve this problem is there are not enough pixels to begin with. The program will add more pixels based upon the estimation of their location and will then assign their neighboring pixels's color value. This may cause an image to look muddy.
If submitting these files, please follow the guidelines below:
- 100% scale (full size output) at 100 dpi
- 50% scale at 200 dpi or higher
- 25% scale at 300 dpi or higher
- 10% scale at 600-1200 dpi recommended
Vectorizing / Recreating Images
If you are not able to provide us with a good quality image, we do have a vectorizing/recreating service available. Most logos or images can be recreated for $35; however images with more detail are subject to quoting prior to vectorizing the image. Please contact a sales representative for more details.
This service needs to be paid for in advance and we will be happy to give you a copy of the vector file once it is complete.
Clear Decal & Window Cling Guidelines
- Vector artwork is required: EPS, AI, and PDF
- Please indicate the cut line clearly for all decal products
Transfer Cutting refers to any sticker or decal that will be picked or weeded with transfer tape applied over the top of it. Most commonly used for vinyl lettering.
- Simple and open fonts are recommended.
- All text must be at least 1/2" tall.
- The space between characters and other design elements must be at least 1/8”.
- Main strokes, line weights, or art elements should be a minimum of 1/8”
- Minimum pick size of 1/8”.
- We recommend you request a proof for this product.
- Transfer cut price includes 8 standard picks with a Maximum of 40 picks per sq. foot.
- Additional picks are $0.02 to $0.04 per pick depending on difficulty/intricacy.
- Intricately cut decals will be custom quoted based on difficulty and time required to pick.